DO YOU ACCEPT FAX FILINGS?
Sutter County Court does not have a direct line for accepting fax filings. Please refer to Rule 2.303 for using the services of a fax filing agency to submit documents. Under Rule 2.303 there are provisions for using the services of a fax filing agency. Please check the yellow pages of the phone directory for services that may be available in Sutter County. As long as the provisions of Rule 2.303, Rules 2.100 – 2.119 and the appropriate filing fees are submitted, the Court will accept a fax filing. Each document filed by a fax filing agency shall contain the phrase “BY FAX” immediately below the title of the document
It is not necessary to call and reserve a date; you may choose any Monday that allows enough time for appropriate service. You need only to submit your motion or order to show cause with the appropriate filing fee or application for waiver of court fees and costs.
Requests for continuance of court and/or jury trials must be submitted by motion
with proper service and payment of the appropriate fees.
Civil, Probate and Conservatorship ex parte hearings are heard in Department B at 3:00 pm Monday through Thursday. Family law and Guardianship ex parte hearings are heard in Department A on a case-by-case basis. Prior arrangements must be made with the civil clerk and, pursuant to Rule 3.1203, a party seeking an exparte hearing must notify all parties no later than 10:00 am the court day before the appearance, absent a showing of exceptional circumstances. There is a filing fee for the ex parte hearing and another filing fee for a motion or order to show cause that requires a hearing.
WHERE CAN I GO FOR INFORMATION FOR DISSOLUTION, LEGAL SEPARATION, NULLITY,
CUSTODY, CHILD & SPOUSAL SUPPORT, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND ADOPTION?
1. Contact a lawyer.
WHERE CAN I GO FOR INFORMATION ON PROBATE, GUARDIANSHIP, CONSERVATORSHIP, UNLAWFUL DETAINER, SMALL CLAIMS, AND TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS?
1. Contact a lawyer.
2. California Courts Online Self-Help Center: www.courtinfo.ca.gov
3. Do-It-Yourself Probate, Guardianship, Conservatorship, and Unlawful Detainer
publications for purchase at bookstores
5. Unlawful Detainer Actions: Landlord and Tenants clinics held at California
Rural Legal Assistance, Inc.,
6. Unlawful Detainer Answer Filed search: Click Here
7. Small Claims Advisory Service, 725 D Street, Marysville, CA 95901 (530) 742-8289
8. Yuba-Sutter Legal Center for Seniors (60+), 725 D Street, Marysville, CA 95901 (530) 742-8289
WHERE CAN I GO FOR LEGAL FORMS?
Uniform Forms, adopted for use throughout the State of California by the Administrative Office of the Courts, Judicial Council, are available:
1. On-line Judicial Council Forms:www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms
2. Form Packets: Form packets available for purchase at the Superior Court of California, County of Sutter Family Law/Civil Division Clerk's office or other courts.
3. Completed Sample Forms: Sample forms with instructions are available at the Family Law Center located at 463 Second Street, Yuba City. Call (530) 822-3305 for information.
5. Do-It-Yourself workbooks contain forms and can be purchased at bookstores or viewed at the Public Library.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED?
1. Contact a lawyer. Check the general alphabetical listing and specialty listing in your local telephone book. Some lawyers offer free initial consultation.